Granville Bridge Upgrades
The City of Vancouver will be performing critical and structural seismic upgrades as part of the broader improvements to and around Granville Bridge.
These upgrades include:
- Repairing the concrete and steel
- Replacing the expansion joints and bearings
Construction for the structural upgrades is now underway until 2021 and is currently focused underneath the north end of the bridge. Work will be from 7am to 5pm, with extended hours as needed.
While access to businesses will be maintained at all times, here is a toolkit for navigating construction projects operationally.
Did you know?
Previous repairs to the bridge include:
- 1997:seismic retrofit of the north and south piers
- 2009-2010:installation of over 3,000 steel stirrups to the concrete ramps
- 2012:repairs to pier M7 at the north end
- 2013:replacement of the steel truss span bearings
- 2016:repairs to the gantry system
Watch for opportunities to provide feedback on proposed design for the walking and cycling improvements.