Circuit Breaker Business Relief Grant
The government of BC provides a new grant opportunity for hospitality businesses impacted by the Provincial Health Order of March 30 that closed indoor dining and other activities. The Circuit Breaker Business Relief Grant program will provide $50 million to off-set the financial impact of the Order and will provide grants of $1,000 to $10,000 depending on the number of the applying businesses’ employees.
Grant applications will open this week and will close June 4, 2021 or until funds are expended.
A business is required to:
- confirm it has been affected by the recent provincial health orders;
- provide electronic banking information;
- confirm that it is registered as a B.C. business;
- produce a business validation document, such as a business licence, liquor licence, notice of assessment or lease agreement; and
- confirm majority ownership and operations and payment of taxes in B.C.
All hospitality and fitness businesses that partially or fully closed to comply with the March 30, 2021 PHO orders are eligible including restaurants, pubs, bars, coffee shops, cafes and cafeterias.
It is recommended businesses review the specific Orders to confirm eligibility:
About the Funding
Grants are fully funded and do not have to be paid back. Eligible expenses include: rent and utilities; insurance; maintenance; cost of perishable food loss.
For application access click here.
For more information click here.
All information courtesy of the Government of British Columbia