New Public Health Order
COVID case numbers continue to be on the rise in British Columbia. What we’ve also learned from health officials is that there are many things that can continue to happen safely – spreading love and joy, being kind to your neighbours, and most of all supporting local businesses. While there is no guarantee of what the future holds, our businesses aren’t going anywhere for the time being.
We would like to give a shout out for all of the hard work that our hospitality, retail, and service members have put into keeping everyone safe in this new normal.
Your hard work has not gone unnoticed, as Dr. Bonnie Henry stated that “when people are following the COVID-19 safety plans–wearing masks, having limited numbers of people and having gaps between people–we’re not seeing transmission Save of this virus.”
Keep up the good work and remember to stay safe, be a rule-follower, and respect the space between yourself and others.
Provincial Health Office, Dr. Bonnie Henry, has announced increased restrictions to help limit the spread of COVID-19 in our province. The order is in effect immediately to December 7, 2020 at midnight.
- The order does not impact restaurants and bars. Restaurants and bars can continue to operate as long as they have a COVID-19 Safety Plan and employee protocols in place. Review the PHO Order – Food and Liquor Serving Premises (PDF)
- At this time, all non-essential travel should be avoided. This includes travel into and out of B.C. and between regions of the province.
- Employers are urged to provide remote working and to actively screen staff that attend in the office, daily. Download the WorkSafeBC COVID-19 symptom check poster
- Masks are required in shared work areas where distancing cannot be maintained such as elevators, hallways and breakrooms.
- Mandatory Face Masks Mandated for Indoor Public Spaces and retail stores.
- Employers are expected to enforce the mandatory mask policy with both employees and customers
- A customer can be refused entry or service if they do not wear a mask
- Click here for more information, including tips on correct mask usage and where to source masks for business.