Each local business on South Granville provides its unique flavour to the neighbourhood and represents a dream, a family and/or a community. They are relying on you to vote with your dollars this holiday season that small business matters and needs to stay.
Did you know that by shopping local you not only support small business owners but your whole community?
Research shows that BC local businesses create more than double the economic impact of their chain competitors. For every $100 spent with a BC local business, $63 is re-circulated back into our BC economy (vs $14 for multinational corporations). They re-circulate 4.6 times more revenue in the local economy:
- Local retailers re-circulate 63% compared to 14% for chains.
- Local restaurants re-circulate 68% compared to 30% for chains.
- Local suppliers (e.g. office supplies) re-circulate 33% compared to 19% for chains.
How? Local businesses:
- Have owners who live and provide jobs in your community.
- Provide more support for local events, sports teams and charities.
- Are more likely to buy local services and stock local products.
Spending with a local business has ripple effects that contribute to the growth and health of the communities in our province.
The South Granville businesses have worked tirelessly to keep their employees and customers safe and have established numerous COVID-19 safety protocols like:
- Continuing to socially distance in stores, continuously encouraged by staff, signage and decals.
- Making wearing a mask mandatory indoors for staff and customers, which is also required by the official public health orders of November, 18.
- Sanitizing all surfaces and quarantining tried-on clothing items.
- Setting up plexiglass shields.
- Limit number of people in shops, salons and restaurants.
Let’s keep our communities strong and support local this holiday season!
While Covid-19 caseloads continue to climb, we’ve learned from public health offices that it’s still safe to support local businesses – South Granville’s shops have carefully implemented safety protocols that keep their customers and employees healthy.