Open With Care
Phase 2 of BC’s Restart Plan has begun and the South Granville businesses are finally reopening!
While we couldn’t be more excited that our all-time favourite local boutiques, retailers, restaurants and art galleries are going back to business, there are still some things we all have to look out for and take care of. This is the only way the impact of our efforts of the last months doesn’t fritter away.
These are the businesses in queue to open soon under enhanced protocols, according to the Restart Plan:
- Restoration of health services
- Medically related services
- Retail sector
- Hair salons, barbers, and other personal service establishments
- In-person counselling
- Restaurants, cafes, and pubs (with sufficient distancing measures)
- Museums, art galleries, and libraries
- Office-based worksites
- Recreation and sports
- Parks, beaches, and outdoor spaces
- Child care
Our member businesses will follow WorkSafe BC’s instructions for the specific industries as published on May 15, 2020. Here are some examples of what’s already been done to ensure safety for customers and employees:
- Practicing social distancing.
- Sanitizing front and back areas of the shops.
- Wearing gloves and/or masks.
- Reducing the number of people allowed in the stores.
- Providing hand sanitizer, gloves and/or masks at store entry.
- Constantly reassessing safety measures and precautions.
And there are also some things you can do to keep the ones around you happy and healthy. Spread the word. ♡