Recognized for COVID Response and Recovery Efforts
Its been a challenging year for our membership, so we’ve been working hard on programs to support our membership during the pandemic.
- Assisted our local restaurants with a take out program called Take Out to Help Out.
- Helped our restaurants walk through the Temporary Expedited Patio programs by either providing a patio consultant to assist with their applications or the option of $500 to help with the cost of patio furniture.
- Partnered with Yaletown and Kitsilano BIA’s to set up a nightly mobile patrol to reduce commercial B&E in our area.
- Deployed a Digital Communications Tool Kit to help our businesses to improve their internet presence.
- Joined forces with Vancouver Muralfest, Robson BIA, Downtown BIA and VanCity to implement a hoarding art project “Make Art While Apart”.
- Distributed Open with Care Packages to help with safety protocols with decals and signage.
- Increased Public Space in South Granville with 2 plazas and 7 patios.
- Protected South Granville’s parking from transit priority measures.
South Granville has been recognized by peers at BIABC for Excellence in Response and Recovery efforts for our efforts in two collaborative projects: Make Art While Apart and Open with Care. We are very proud of our accomplishments and even more proud to continue to excellent on behalf of you, our members.