South Granville AGM Wrap-up
On Wednesday September 18, the South Granville BIA hosted it’s 21st Annual General Meeting at Fiore Restaurant.
The signature annual event had a record number of attendees with 45 members in attendance as well as several guests and city staff from the Broadway Plan, Broadway Subway/Rapid Transit Office, and the Granville Bridge Connector. Members have reported back that the event had good energy, excellent Italian nibbles and provided an interesting opportunity to learn about and discuss the six design options for the Granville Street Bridge Connection.
All agenda items were passed unanimously including the election of directors to the board. We present to you the South Granville BIA Board of Directors for 2019.
- Brian Meakin, Turner Meakin
- Christian Hofmann: Prospera Credit Union
- Dennis Pang: Popcorn
- Gwen Nguyen: Sukis International
- Karen Holshoe, Gammon International
- Leonard Ruppenthal: Blenheim Realty
- Marian Schole: King Living
- Patricia Theil: Cheesecake Etc
- Peter Cathie White: Arts Club Theatre Co.
- Peter McGee, Stable House Bistro and Fiore
- Zenija Esmits: Boboli
Thank you to Jakub and Peter at Fiore for being gracious hosts and providing a generous prize donation, as well as big thank you to Rosemin at Queen Bee Flower Shop for her impromptu prize giveaway. I also hope the winners of the limited edition South Granville umbrellas are enjoying the rainy weather.
A BIG thank you to all the members who attended the AGM. We couldn’t do it without your support.