South Granville Summer
The summer of 2021 is here and we finally have a lot to look forward to! Our businesses have worked hard to get where we are today and we have to celebrate this – safely but surely.
As we head step-by-step towards a post-pandemic life, we present you this year’s summer programming – called “South Granville Summer” – which we invite you to incorporate into your own summer marketing. This summer’s promotions focuses on a full sensory experience to bring residents and would-be shoppers into the area for delicious food, retail therapy, treating their pandemic weary bodies, fulfilling their home décor inspo fantasies, and gathering for safe social connections.
South Granville Summer encompasses the following…
- a summer pop-up food truck pod
- outdoor dining, patio and the amazing epicurean experiences of South Granville in general
- public space awareness
- a weekly yoga series at the Plaza on 14th
- iconic Vancouver artisan market pop-up
- beautification through planters and new banners
- new murals and events via Vancouver Muralfest
- free live acoustic music
- community building
- parking awareness
Below in each tab are campaign assets and information for sharing on your own social media. We will update the information as it develops.
The general information page can be found at southgranville.org/summer
This week, the media begins to tease our new neighbourhood amenity – a pop-up summer street food pod at Fir x West 10th Ave. A curated collection of food trucks will be onsite on Fridays and Saturdays, from 11am – 8pm. This weekly pop up begins on from June 4 and ends on September 4.
Participating vendors include Beavertails, Brownie Bakers, Cazba, Dos Amigos Tex-Mex, English Bay Mini Donuts, Holimasala, KYU Grill, Meet2Eat, Mom’s Grilled Cheese, Mr. Arancino, Reel Mac and Cheese, SAJeterian, Salty’s Lobster Shack, Shameless Buns, Super Thai, Tornado Potato, Yo Bones BBQ, and more.
This attraction will draw foodies and families into the area who will tend to linger and shop, create a bit of buzz for the neighbourhood while also giving residents a reason to come down on a more regular basis.
Media Gallery: southgranville.smugmug.com/TGIF-Thank-Granville-Its-Food-trucks
Early media coverage:
Together with the Vancouver BIA Partnership, we’re promoting patios throughout the city encouraging people to come down, relax and unwind on your patios.
What you can do to support the campaign:
- Share the patio map!
- Encourage people to vote for their favourite patios through this survey. They can win daily and weekly prizes!
- Contribute to the South Granville Neighbourhood prize package. Prizes will be given out weekly, our prize package will be given away in early August. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- Share the campaign visuals on your social media channels. Tell your followers to follow @patiovancouver, share their patio pics through the hashtag #patiopics and to fill out the survey to win a prize package.
- Follow the campaign Instagram account @patiovancouver
We invite people to come down to South Granville every Thursday in the evenings to enjoy some ambient acoustic music while they are relaxing on the public spaces Plaza 13th and/or 14th.
Starting date: June 3, 2021
Running weekly until September 2, 2021
Bend & Flow | Free Yoga Classes
Every Sunday at 10:00 am, starting June 6, 2021, South Granville invites people to come over to enjoy a free yoga class with alternating local trainers. It’s a Bring Your Own Mat event and the yoga classes will follow the rules & guidelines according to BC Health, number of participants will be limited, first come first served.
Bend & Flow Yoga starting
June 6, 2021, 10:00 am
Running until September 5, 2021
On the Plaza on 14th and Granville
The SGBIA is collaborating with different artisanal arts and crafts organisations to bring ‘Made Local’ markets to the neighbourhood. This initiative is planned to draw residents and potential customers to the area to spend time and check out adjacent shops and restaurants during the days of.
More info to come soon!