SUMMER IN SOUTH GRANVILLE
Finally – the summer of 2020 is here. It may look different than we all expected but the South Granville businesses are working hard to create an environment for you to enjoy the summer and socialize safely. Let us show you around the new and improved South Granville!
Plazas to Hang Out to Help Out, enjoy the neighbourhood and the sun!
The South Granville Business Improvement Association (SGBIA) has partnered with the City of Vancouver to create temporary recovery plazas at 13th and 14th Avenue for people to ‘Hang Out to Help Out’. The Pop-Up Plazas provide a space for the community to enjoy their take-out from nearby eateries and enjoy the summer outside while complying with social distancing.
South Granville Bend & Flow | Free Yoga Classes
South Granville invites you to come over every second Sunday in August and September to enjoy a free yoga class with alternating trainers from Vancouver. Bring your own mat and start your Sunday right! The yoga classes will follow the rules & guidelines according to BC Health.
Bend & Flow with Caroline McGillivray
August 23, 2020, 10:00 am
Plaza on 14th and Granville
Photo (c) Connor McCracken
Patios at multiple locations – for you to dine out safely!
Here are the locations with great outdoor patio & seating spaces to dine out in South Granville:
- Goodge Place (Granville x 8th)
- The Marquis Grill (Granville x 10th)
- Stable House Bistro (Granville x 13th)
- Bean Around the World & Caffe Barney (Granville x 14th)
- Mazahr Lebanese Kitchen (Granville x 11th)
- Meinhardt Fine Foods (Granville x 14th)
- The Rise Eatery (Granville x 16th)
- Heirloom Vegetarian (Granville x 12th)
- Heirloom Juice Co. (Granville x 12th)
- Bin 4 Burger Lounge (Granville x 14th)
- Cactus Club (West Broadway Location)
- Trees Coffee (Fir Street Location)
…and these to come:
- Breakfast Table (between 14th and 15th block on Granville St.)
- Small Victory (between 14th and 15th block on Granville St.)
Fresh Murals (to come)
As one of Vancouver’s renowned art districts, South Granville is home to impressive art galleries but also to stunning murals! As the Vancouver Mural Fest is expanding its area, South Granville is getting additional street pieces for you to explore… and to take gorgeous selfies with!
Current pieces are
- The Pidgeons (Granville x 11th)
- The Lily (Granville x 13th)
- The Stable House Mural (Granville x 13th)
- The Fabric Wall (Granville x 14th)
Pieces to come
We’re not yet spilling the tea but great things will come SOON!
The Vancouver Mural Fest is on from August 18 – September 7, 2020. We will update this site frequently!
Finding parking is easy in South Granville. Many of the businesses have parking spots behind the store for customers, in addition to side street and on-street parking. For options in the shade, here’s a map of the off-street parking lots that provide over 700 additional parking spots. Parking rates can range from $1 to $6/hour.